Caramel Mud Cake - recipe by Baker's Corner (my cake was a 15cm circle so I divided all ingredients to this recipe by 2)
Ganache - 240g choc and 120ml cream (pure cream works best but either will do). This was enough to cover the cake with a little left over.
( I did a combination of dark and milk chocolate so it wouldn't be as rich)
1. Place the chocolate in a small mixing bowl
2. Heat the cream to boiling point in a small saucepan
3. Remove from heat and pour hot cream over chocolate and mix in till all chocolate has melted and is all combined.
4. Leave to cool till it reaches the consistency to cover your cake ( to speed this up place in the freezer for a few minutes then remove and mix repeat till it is the right consistency or if too hard heat in the microwave in short bursts to soften ).
5. If you don't know how to ganache a cake, their are plenty of videos to show you on youtube, just search in how to ganache a cake
Covering. - Cover the cake with fondant ( youtube also provides tutorials for this )
I used The Mat for the first time it's great you can order it on ebay or just follow the basic covering a cake with fondant method.
Click the link to view the tutorial for this method - The Mat Tutorial by sweetwise.
1. Roll out fondant at a length to wrap around the bottom of the cake
|silicone love heart chocolate mould|
3. Provide a chocolate detailed love heart from a mould (picture of mould on the right or find any mould u are happy with )
4. Gently carve the size of the love heart in your fondant till it easily peals off the two layers of fondant off and you see the ganache. Place your chocolate love heart inside, and smooth fondant around it.
5. Roll small white balls of fondant and carefully place them all over your cake with a little water. ( this will take time )
6. Pipe writing with melted white chocolate.
I hope you liked this cake and you make one of your own or gather some ideas from this cake - JJ
That looks absolutely gorgeous JJReplyDelete